Profile: In July 2009 I recklessly quit my job as Acting Head of Editorial for a leading travel content provider to travel from Brazil to Canada without setting foot in an aeroplane. Since then I have become one of www.thetraveleditor.com’s most-viewed authors, with nearly 60,000 page views and 69 fans. I have been published in Black Meringue (an alternative bridal magazine), The Independent Traveller, Metro, Exmoor the Country Magazine, www.stanfords.co.uk and www.worldtravelguide.net. I am the author of online guides to Manitoba, Cusco and Bath and am working on India. In a successful bid to learn Dreamweaver, perfect my SEO technique and, most importantly, to help and amuse other travellers, I established my own website, www.overlandtravellercom, and blog.
Posts by Emma:
- Snowmen and scenes of Stoke Newington
- The eco impact of Brazil to Canada overland, and the knock-on effect on me: part 1
- Brazil to Canada? Overland? Check!
- Elton John and the bison ballerina
- The pros and cons of a youthful appearance when travelling
- If only…US border guards would swap jobs with park rangers
- Travel hair trauma
- Sometimes, the hardest thing about travelling is other travellers…
- Isla de Ometepe, or, why I travel
- Welcome to “authentic” Nicaragua: a muse on inverted travel snobbery